Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm officially a certified ZIN Zumba Instructor!

What a tiring but rewarding day it was when I finally got my Zumba Certification. I left my house around 7 and set out for a 10 hour work-out that I was actually looking forward to. I got to the certification gym around 8 and got super pumped up when I saw all of the other attendees excited as well. We started out with a 90 minute master class with our Certification Instuctor ( Erick Santana ) who was an AMAZING dancer and instructor and spent the rest of the day learning different ways to choreograph, market ourselves, network, and routine our classes. Although we got breaks I had never been so exhausted and sore in my whole life (and I work out A LOT)! Erick's personal quote was to "own it and bring it" and I thought I did a pretty good job the entire time. It was wonderful to hear some of the personal stories behind ZUMBA and why people have such a passion for it. I can't wait to broaden my horizon with it and start instucting my own classes. I took a picture in my ZUMBA gear and I was trying to give an Erick "own it and bring it" look. Not sure I did a great job but give me credit, I HAD been working out for 10 hours, my mind was going a little crazy. :-)



1 comment: