Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas and New Years!

What a great time of year it is to celebrate the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. How grateful I am for all he came on this earth to do and for the blessings he grants my family and I on a daily basis. He is the reason for everything in our lives, and because of that, Christmas is the most joyous season of the year. I am truly blessed and thankful for the atonement and will continue trying to pay him back with gratitude, service, and love for others.  
This year, we decided to first take Mia to the Festival of Lights at Callaway Gardens. For those of you that haven't been, it is absolutely WONDERFUL! I think next year Mia will truly be able to appreciate all the lights and fun music. We had a great time and snapped a few photos on our way out the door: 



On Christmas Eve, we went to a local Mediterranean restaurant that is one of our favorites. It's called the Beirut and we had a great time enjoying each others company and eating yummy food. We then opened presents at our home and boy did we all get spoiled. Amongst some of the wonderful gifts we all received, some of the favorite's were my KitchenAid, the KINECT for the xbox, Andrew's external hard drive, Ashley's gift cards, My mom's Micheal Kors bag,  and Mia's table and chairs and tea set. What a great Christmas, we are all truly blessed!







For New Years, we went out with our best friends The Cooper's. We decided we wanted a night in Atlanta ( They moved here in March and had not seen much of the city ) so we went to our favorite, Cheesecake Factory, walked around Atlantic Station and then met our friends The Clarke's at the Peach Drop in downtown. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time and we had a great time! Thanks mom for taking Mia for us while we had a great date night! We are blessed to have such wonderful friends. I tell my husband Nicole is my sista from another mista, I'm grateful for her!













To say the least, 2011 has had some ups and downs but we are so grateful for all the year has given us. We are looking forward to 2012 being the best year yet! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Awe...love you Em! You really are the sister I never had!! Had so much fun on new years in our awesome blinking glasses!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete