Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm becoming a Zumba Instructor!

That's right, I am finally training to instruct something that I truely LOVE and how exciting is that?!?! I will still be doing my other favorite thing (hair) but this will be a great way for me to teach people for an hour or two a day a type of workout routine that I am passionate about. For those of you not familar with exactly what Zumba is, it is a type of latin-insprired dance that incorporates Salsa, Cumbia, Hip-Hop and other types of dancing. It is probably one of the most FUN things that I do in my everyday schedule. Not only am I burning between 600-900 calories an hour, but I am having such a fun time doing it with tons of energy following the workout. I have had a lot of my friends come with me to classes for the first time and it's awesome to see how much fun they have afterwards. I will be getting certified in December and I cannot wait! 




Patricia, Katie, Mandy, and myself doing Keisha's "Blow" at a Zumbathon Fundraiser-




My Zumba buddies and I went to La Hacienda after class one day and they all made me perform the dance I chorographed. Those of you that know me know I dont embarrass easily so I quickly accepted the challenge. :)



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this. I am excited to go to your classes. You're gonna be so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the zumba queen!! The best! Thanks for sharing the rumba love with me! You have converted me! ;) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete