Monday, September 12, 2011

Past Week

Whew! We have had such an eventful week and Labor Day made it go by just a little quicker. Mia's little brain is moving a mile a minute and I can't seem to catch up! She has a new word every week and something new that she just loves to do. This week she is saying "book" and goes and gets them for me, plops her bum in my lap and has me read them for her. I love it! On Wed, she had her 1 year check-ups and the doctor said she was at the same skill level and vocabulary level as most 18 month olds. GO MIA! She is also 30 inches tall (91st percentile) and 25 pounds (94th percentile) with her head measuring 19 inches (99 percentile) around. Needless to say we have a TALL girl on our hands and boy oh boy does this baby have the longest legs I have ever seen. A true beauty and we just love her to pieces. As far as the shots go, that was a different story. Poor thing was miserable and in so much pain. All she wanted was for me to hold her which is rare because she is mostly pretty independent. Given the circumstances, she is a pretty brave baby and we are glad that it is all over with. 



                                          My newly one year old baby






I also got to see an old friend who was living in Spain for the past 8 months. I missed her SO much. It was great to see you Heather, hope I get to see you a lot more often now! :-)




To say the least, we had a pretty eventful week with friends, shots, and lots of tears.. BUT we survived. THANK GOODNESS! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love that little Mia! She is such a smarty pants! You look so good in that pic with your friend...sooo skinny!

    ReplyDelete